A recent survey conducted by jobs site ServiceSeeking.com.au revealed that many of us wish we had taken a different career path, or at least have an additional skill set.
In response to the question ‘What trade skills do you most wish you had’:
- 37% of people said electrical
- 24% said landscaping
- 20% said plumbing
- 11% said house painting
- 8% said tiling.
Respondents also answered which trade seemed the hardest, with electricians and plumbers identified as the hardest trades to master.
The DIY jobs we most wish we could do:
- 24% wish they could re-tile their own bathroom
- 21% wish they could install cabinetry
- 19% wish they could build a deck
- 16% wished they could paint a wall
- 10% wish they could unclog a blocked drain
- 9.6% wished they could fix a blown fuse box.
It’s no surprise that the most hated DIY job was unclogging the toilet, with 40 per cent of respondents identifying this most unsavoury task.
Reasons why we hate DIY:
- 40% answered “Doesn’t turn out how you picture it”
- 36% said DIY is just time consuming
- 19% complained DIY was physically exhausting
- 4% don’t like getting dirty.
The data is from a survey of more than 1,700 users of ServiceSeeking.com.au in September 2017, an online services marketplace.