Gas leak in Eagle Vale on December 7

Gas authorities are on the scene following a gas leak incident in Eagle Vale on Friday. Picture: St Andrews Fire and Rescue NSW
Gas authorities are on the scene following a gas leak incident in Eagle Vale on Friday. Picture: St Andrews Fire and Rescue NSW

Eagle Vale residents are warned they smell gas in the air after a gas main was damaged earlier today.

The St Andrews Fire and Rescue NSW crew was called to Fluorite Place about 11.25am on Friday, December 7 following reports a construction worker had hit a gas main.

A FRNSW Media spokeswoman said the St Andrews remain on the scene to provide fire protection.

Gas authorities are also working to fix the issue at Fluorite Place.