Families in Camden's older suburbs will now be able to enjoy new play equipment at their local park.
Ten playgrounds across the region have been revamped with brand-new structures, as part of Camden Council's infrastructure renewal program.
Camden mayor Theresa Fedeli said the replacement works, which totalled more than $250,000, began in May and were recently completed.
"It's a priority for council that our community has access to, and feels able to participate in, quality recreation and leisure experiences," Cr Fedeli said.
"We want our residents, especially the young families who call Camden home, to have fantastic local play spaces to enjoy.
"It's so important for health, bonding, sense of well-being, inclusiveness and identity.
"Council also aims to upgrade a number of parks yearly under our infrastructure renewal program and I look forward to seeing even more improvements in the future."
The ten locations with brand-new equipment are:
- Barratt Reserve - Barratt Avenue, Camden South;
- Bowman Reserve - Bowman Avenue, Camden South;
- Boyd Reserve - Boyd Reserve, Currans Hill;
- Burford Reserve - Burford Reserve, Elderslie;
- Campbell Reserve- Fairwater Drive, Harrington Park;
- James Flynn Reserve - Hayes Court, Harrington Park;
- Football Park - Lachlan Avenue, Harrington Park;
- Valley View Reserve - Valley View Reserve, Narellan;
- Harrisons Reserve - Dunlop Avenue, Harrington Park; and
- Pindari Reserve, Pindari Avenue, Camden.
Several new play spaces and facilities will also come to Camden in the next year including new wheelchair-accessible change facilities and additional shade structures, seating, barbeque facilities and pathways at Curry Reserve Water Play Space, a new playground at corner Duncombe Avenue and The Hermitage Way, Gledswood Hills, two new rugby league playing fields at Kirkham Park, Elderslie and stage two of the Narellan Sports Hub project, which will include 14 additional netball courts, an extended rugby league field, a 1.5-kilometre walking and cycling track and a dedicated athletics facility.