Wollondilly Council has made the decision to indefinitely postpone the Band Together 2020 Concert due to coronavirus concerns.
The benefit and relief concert was scheduled for March 28.
However, the council has received advice from the NSW Department of Health indicating that large gatherings where people are in close proximity could potentially lead to the spread of coronavirus.
Band Together 2020 was planned to be a large event, expected to attract several thousand people in support of local RFS crews and emergency services.
Wollondilly mayor Matthew Deeth said those who had already purchased tickets would be reimbursed.
"The decision to postpone the event has been made with the safety and wellbeing of the community as a priority," he said.
"Council will be reviewing other upcoming events at the appropriate time with the wellbeing of the community in mind.
"We remain extremely grateful for the hard work of the RFS and emergency services during the bushfires which impacted our Shire and looks forward to acknowledging this publicly at a later date."
For more information: wollondilly.nsw.gov.au.